There are many different types of fishing reels on the market, but the spincast reel is one of the easiest to use. This type of reel is great for beginners, as it is very easy to cast and retrieve your line and there is no backlash. In this article, we will show you how to cast a spincast reel, so that you can start enjoying your fishing trips.
Benefits of Spincasting Reels
Spincasting reels have many benefits over other types of fishing reels.
- Spincast reels are very easy to use comparatively, which makes them great for beginners.
- They are also very compact and light, so they are easy to carry around with you.
How Does a Spincasting Reel Work?
A spincast reel has a simple design, which consists of a fixed spool and a revolving nose cone. When you cast your line, the spool revolves and the line is wound around the front cone.
How to Cast a Spincast reel – Beginner Tips For Getting Started
Casting a spincast reel is fairly simple once you know the basic steps. The following steps are to demonstrate how to do a sidearm cast, but the same principles apply when doing an over-the-shoulder cast.
- To start, hold your reel in your dominant hand with the thumb release button facing down towards the ground.
- Then take your fishing rod and position it behind your body, with the tip pointing slightly away from you.
- Next, use your other hand to push down on the thumb release button, while simultaneously bringing the rod forward in a smooth, fluid motion. As you reach the end of your cast, release the thumb release button at 10 or 11 o’clock and allow the lure to fall into the water.
- Finally, turn the handle to re-engage the reel, and begin winding in your line. Congratulations, you have successfully cast your spincast reel!
A Common Mistake When Casting A Spincast Reel
One of the most common mistakes that people make when casting a spincasting reel is not holding the reel correctly. Make sure that you hold the reel in your dominant hand, and place your thumb over the spool. If you do not hold the reel correctly, it will be difficult to control the cast.
Some Tips While Fishing With Spincast Reel
While out on the water we encounter many different situations. In order to be a successful fisherman, we need to be able to cast the bait where the fish are located. To be able to do this it is essential we learn to cast accurately. While practicing casting with your spincast reel, continue to practice until you can cast within a few feet of your target. Also, don’t be afraid to change it up. Don’t limit yourself to a sidearm cast or an over-the-shoulder cast. Try all of them. Perfect them all.
Easy Guide: How to Spool a Spincast Reel
Practice Maketh A Man Perfect
In order to perfect your craft, you need to put in the time and effort. The more you practice, the better you will become. There is no substitute for hard work. So get out there and start practicing!
The more you practice, the better fisherman you will become. Perfecting your cast will result in more successful fishing trips, as you will be able to target the fish you are looking for. Whether you are casting a sidearm or over your shoulder, it is crucial that you develop good technique and practice often. So get out there get the best zebco reel and start fishing today!