If you are a young angler starting your fishing journey, you must know how to put fishing line on a closed reel. Spincast Reels also known as closed reels are pretty straightforward and easy to use. Similarly, you can learn how to spool a spincast reel on your first try. This guide will help you how to put line on a spincast reel along with 10 tips on how to improve your fishing experience, followed by some faqs.
Spincasting reels are a type of fishing reel designed to be used with light rods. The amount of line on the spool will determine how much you can cast, so it’s essential to be able to add or remove the line as needed. Luckily, this is a relatively simple process, and anyone can learn how to re-spool a spincast reel.
Related Article: What is a spincast reel
4 Steps On How to Spool a Spincast reel
spincast reel setup is very basic and every angler must know how to put fishing line on a closed reel. Here are 4 simple steps to learn how to spool a spincast reel.
1. Remove The Spool Cap
Before restring fishing reel, you’ll need to locate the spool cap on your spincast reel. This will either screw off or slide off for you to add or remove line from the reel. If you are restring fishing reel or adding a line, simply cut a length that is as long as possible, and then tie one end of the new line to the existing line. Leave a bit of slack, and then screw or slide the spool cap back on.
2. Wind the Line Onto the Spindle
insert line into the slot on the spindle and wind it onto the spindle by rotating the handle in a clockwise motion
If you are adding line, you’ll need to thread it through the slot on the spindle. To do this, hold the end of the line in one hand and insert it into the slot. Then, use your other hand to rotate the handle in a clockwise motion. This will wind the new line onto the spool.
3. Release The Tension On The Line:
hold onto the free end of the line and pull it tight against the spindle while releasing tension on the line that is already wound on to prevent it from unraveling
Once your new line is wound onto the spool, you’ll need to hold on to the free end of it and pull it tight against the spindle. At the same time, release tension on the line already wound on so that it doesn’t unravel. This will help prevent tangles as you begin fishing with your new line.
If you need to remove the line from your spincast reel, simply repeat these steps in the opposite direction. Start by removing the spool cap, then thread the free end of the line through the slot on the spindle and wind it up until all of the desired length has been removed. Remember to hold onto the free
4. Replace The Spool Cap
Now that you’ve added or removed the desired amount of line, spooling a spincast reel is done now, all that’s left to do is screw or slide the spool cap back into place. Be sure to give the line a few good tugs to make sure it’s tight and ready to go before heading out on your next fishing adventure.
10 Tips on Spooling A Line On Spincast Reel:
Before starting your fishing quest or for Spin casting, here few tid bids regarding how to string a closed face fishing pole and overall spincast reel setup:
- The amount of line on the spool will determine how much you can cast
- You can add or remove line by simply screwing or sliding off the spool cap
- To add a line, cut a length that is as long as possible and tie one end of the new line to the existing line
- To remove the line, thread the free end of the line through the slot on the spindle and wind it up until all of the desired lengths has been removed
- Be sure to screw or slide the spool cap back into place once you’ve added or removed the desired amount of line
- Use a good quality line for the best results
- Be sure to check your line regularly for wear and tear
- Inspect your reel before each use to make sure everything is in working order
- Practice adding and removing lines so that you can do it quickly and easily when you’re out on the water
- Have fun and enjoy your time on the water!
Also check: Best Baitcaster
Frequently asked questions:
Following are some faqs regarding how to put a line on a spincast reel and spooling spincasting reel:
1. How much line can I put on a spincast reel?
The amount of line on the spool will determine how much you can cast.
2. How do I add or remove line from my spincast reel?
You can add or remove the line by simply screwing or sliding off the spool cap.
3. What should I do if my spincast reel isn’t working properly?
Inspect your reel before each use to make sure everything is in working order. If you notice any problems, take your spincast reel to a qualified technician for repair or replacement.
4. What should I do if I need to replace my spincast reel’s line?
If you need to replace the line on your best spincast reel, simply follow the same steps in reverse. Cut a length of the new line that is as long as possible and tie one end to the existing line. Then, wind it onto the spool by rotating the handle in a clockwise motion while holding on to the free end of the line. When you reach the desired amount of line, screw or slide the spool cap back into place. Give the line a few good tugs to make sure it’s tight and then you’re ready to go!
Learning how to restring a fishing reel, especially how to spool a spincast reel is very simple. On your next adventure do give them a read before restring fishing reel and hopefully, you’ll save a lot of time. Do learn how to cast a spincast reel before using the reel & Best of luck!